Saturday, November 22, 2008

I'm Back from Cairns..... the land of the Great Barrier Reef!

I've always wanted to visit the wonders of the world.. and definitely Cairns is one not to be missed!
I was there for a short stay of about 5 days over last weekend... it was great!

First day was free and easy.. followed by snokelling at the great barrier reef... then third day we did white water rafting.. and fourth day was crabbing and fishing! Before you know if I was on my way back home...

Cairns city is an interesting one.. made for the tourist.. and not any but mainly Japanese.. from the LV stores carrying their prices in Yen.. to Hello Kitty koala and kangeroos.. to restaurants with most of the servers able to speak in fluent japanese.. to our very own fishing boat tour guide.. a local aussie.. speaking to japaneses... Cool!

Of cos then we had to indulge in our japanses food! we went for a Wagyu Yakiniku buffet not once but twice... see our pics!!

No comments: